Welcome to the LightHaus Community!

Ask product questions, share tips and solutions, and participate in a range of discussions to fuel your discoveries!

Join the conversation:
  • Appliances
  • Solar Solutions
  • Home Automation
  • Home Eco Products
  • Resources
  • Partners
Haven Thermostat
Haven Thermostat

I've had my Haven for about 45 days now. Its one of the first things I installed in my new home. I wanted to be able to keep an eye on the temperature from anywhere, and be able to turn the heat down during the day and anytime we're out of the house for a bit, but still be able to return to a warm home. As a thermostat, I have no issues with the Haven. It's intuitive, its kept the house quite comfortable, being able to cycle the fan is nice, and programming was a breeze. Installation was also quite simple. However, the wireless connection is a big issue. The nest looses connection several times a day.

I am not running a cookie cutter home network (untangle for a router, and ubiquity APs) but even on the ISP router that i had in place temporally i also was experiencing connectivity issues. I could have easily run Ethernet to the nest, or if they had a reasonably priced 802.15.4 to Ethernet bridge i would definitely consider purchasing it.

Overall though, again, i'm happy, and with the wireless caveat would recommend it to a friend.