Welcome to the LightHaus Community!

Ask product questions, share tips and solutions, and participate in a range of discussions to fuel your discoveries!

Join the conversation:
  • Appliances
  • Solar Solutions
  • Home Automation
  • Home Eco Products
  • Resources
  • Partners
Professor
Accepted Answer

Selling My Products on Ecohaus

Hello @Ecohaus

My husband and I just launched a new eco friendly product line named EcoTrust. We have a line of baby, face, and body care products called TenderEarth.  

We're interested in meeting with the EcoHaus buyer to see if we can get our products into the EcoHaus catalog.

What is the process for review?

Thanks!

HB

Professor

Re: Selling My Products on Ecohaus

Hello @haileyb

First off Congratulations on launching a new product. How very exciting. 

My partner and I did the very same thing so we are very informed on the ins and outs of retail buyers.

Theres some really great articles out there:

1. https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/225169

Some tips I might share:

Go shopping. Look for products that are similar to yours. Check the pricing. Check, especially, the packaging. "What really matters to the buyer is that it will fit well in stores," Waksman says. So if your competitors have wrapped their products in plastic or tin and you've wrapped yours in burlap, you might want to reconsider--or maybe it makes you stand out? In any event, be aware of how your product will appear next to that of your competition. And, by all means, make sure your packaging deters sticky-fingered shoppers.

Prepare your story. Your pitch must convince buyers that your gizmo will sell. "If they're only buying one product," Waksman says, "why would they take a risk on you?" Make sure you can answer that question.

When opportunity knocks, don't get caught in your bathrobe. If a preliminary test of your product inspires a buyer to order 100,000 more, to be delivered to 500 stores from Walla Walla to Kissimmee, can your manufacturing and distribution systems deliver the goods? "Your job is to have your product retail-ready--[to] have thought through how you're going to manufacture it on a mass scale, how you're going to price it and package it," Waksman says. "It is absolutely possible for the small guy to get sold in stores. It really comes down to how you position yourself. There's always a way."

Dean

Yes! Congratualtions @haileyb

Here's some steps to get started:

National product suppliers are exactly what they sound like: businesses that offer the products we stock across the country and all over the world. Some of our product suppliers are multi-billion-dollar companies; some are businesses with just a few employees.

Learn the keys to a successful buyer presentation in our Online Training Course.
If your business is based in the United States, these three steps contain what you’ll need to successfully navigate our application process to supply products to EcoHaus.

1. Online Product Submission
2. Supplier Questionnaire
3. Supplier Agreement

Community Manager

CONGRATULATIONS @haileyb

THIS IS A BIG STEP! We very much welcome you to participate in our approval process.

Here's how to get started.

To apply to sell goods for resale with EcoHaus, you will need to complete an Online Product Submission.

To complete the Online Product Submission, you will need:

1. Company Information
2. GTIN/UPC Membership Number
3. Product Information
4. A Picture of Your Product (size 512 KB or less)

ScreenShot_77 08-Apr.jpg

Best of Luck!

EcoHaus

Community Manager

Sounds like you have all the right info @haileyb

This was a great question and we wanted to thank you especially for bringing up this great topic!

Congratulations and best of luck!

EH Support

Professor

Thank you all so Very, Very Much!! I love this community!

I'm super excited about this venture and will definitely share more as we get closer to launch!

STAY TUNED!

Hailey