Welcome to the LightHaus Community!

Ask product questions, share tips and solutions, and participate in a range of discussions to fuel your discoveries!

Join the conversation:
  • Appliances
  • Solar Solutions
  • Home Automation
  • Home Eco Products
  • Resources
  • Partners
Honor Student

What is best, Haven or Nest?

Hey all, it's time for me to replace my first generation Nest, and I'm thinking of going with Ecohaus's Haven instead of the Nest this time. Does anyone have experience with both? Should I stay with Nest or make the move to a Haven?

Community Manager

Re: What is best, Haven or Nest?

Hey @jeannettebower, you must have been miserable with your 1st gen Nest Thermostat. The smart thermostats have come such a far way since then, especially the Haven. I've had both in the past, and the Haven is definitely the best. Below are the main reasons you should go with the Haven:

• Temperature Reliability: First and foremost, the Nest would not hold the temperature that I set. I couldn't ever rely on it. The Haven is super stable, and always works as expected. You can actually read an article about it here: http://www.businessinsider.com/nest-thermostat-problem-2014-1
  • Usability: I find the Haven thermostate, mobile and tablet apps much easier and enjoyable to use. 
  • Teenager Proof: My kids are techies and can use almost any product and they always like the temperature set much colder than necessary. The Haven will alert me when anyone but me changes the temperature, it's great!
  • More Efficient: Last but certainly not least, it has saved me money. Even though it's been a hot year so far relatively, my overall electric bill has been lower than when I used the Nest. You can't really compete with that!

My vote is Haven all the way! I really love Home Automation products from Ecohaus, they have the best quality overall!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: What is best, Haven or Nest?

Great question. 

While the two are pretty much identical in design and elegance, the Haven carries more features and a rich community to support the maximum utilization of the product.

This type of service and customer support is unparalleled in the market.  Take a look at some of the things you can do with the HAVEN.  Search Here.

Hope that helps!

^dr