Welcome to the LightHaus Community!

Ask product questions, share tips and solutions, and participate in a range of discussions to fuel your discoveries!

Join the conversation:
  • Appliances
  • Solar Solutions
  • Home Automation
  • Home Eco Products
  • Resources
  • Partners
Honor Student

Any advice Panel kits being sold on eBay?

Hello everyone,

I saw some solar panels on eBay ...  Has anyone ever tried them? Are they worth it? 

Community Manager

Phillips LED

Are these LED reliable?

Community Manager
Solar Expert (Solar Solutions)

Re: Any advice Panel kits being sold on eBay?

Yeah I saw those too ... not sure what to think of them either though.

has anyone else tried them out ??

Honor Student

Yeah, so I went out and bought one!!

I'll update this thread when I have a chance to test them out.

Professor

Re: Phillips LED

Philips has worked hard to boost its app, making it faster and easier to use than when the system launched.
Now on version 3.0, the app has been tweaked and updated, making it easier to use.
At its simplest, the app lets you turn lights on or off, or use the slider to set the dim level.
It’s an incredibly responsive system, with the lights changing settings near-instantly.

Philips Hue has the widest range of smart bulb and great third-party support. The app has the widest range of controllers. Every bulb produces quality light and is quick to respond.
While Hue is a little more expensive than some of its smart light competition, it’s money well spent.
If you don’t want to mess around with the wiring in your home, this is the smart lighting system to buy.

Teacher

Phillips is the best all-around smart LED bulb. Hue lets you change your lighting color easily and does everything other smart light bulbs do, and it’s also part of a larger product and app ecosystem, allowing for more flexibility and creativity than any other smart bulb. Plus, it’s compatible with the widest variety of smart-home systems, including Apple’s HomeKit, Samsung’s SmartThings hub, Amazon’s Alexa, and Google Home. It’s not the cheapest bulb, but its reliable performance and wide compatibility make it a solid choice for any smart-home enthusiast or newbie.

Teacher

[ Edited ]

I found this great informative review on trusted reviews

Philips Hue – Features, App and control

With a new system, the first step is to set up the Hue Bridge, which just plugs into your home network via an Ethernet cable. Once connected, just fire up the Hue app (Android or iOS) and follow the on-screen instructions to detect your Bridge. Once connected, you can add your bulbs, again by following the simple instructions. Added lights can be ordered into rooms, which also act as groups: you can turn all lights on or off in one location quickly, for example.

Philips Hue 5

At this point, you can start to control Hue using the app alone. Philips has worked hard to boost its app, making it faster and easier to use than when the system launched. Now on version 3.0, the app has been tweaked and updated, making it easier to use. At its simplest, the app lets you turn lights on or off, or use the slider to set the dim level. It’s an incredibly responsive system, with the lights changing settings near-instantly.

So far, so good, but for each light, you can also dive in and change more advanced settings, including using the colour picker to change colour or temperature. By default, the Hue app groups all lights in a room, so you can change them all to the same colour or temperature. But, you can tap a group and drag individual lights out, controlling them individually or creating sub-groups. That way, it’s easy to get your lights working the way you want them. For example, you may want to control your lightstrips separately.
Philips Hue App 3.0 Colour Selection
Philips has made it easier to save settings as a Scene, letting you recall your favourites when you want. Philips has some handy defaults, including Concentrate (replicating bright daylight) and Relax (a warm glow), which both adjust colour temperature. There are also some funky colour options, such as Savanna Sunset, primarily designed for the colour bulbs. You can create your own Scenes by saving the existing light settings, or by selecting a picture and getting Hue to analyse the colours used.

Philips Hue App 3.0 Scene

Hue can also run your lights for you automatically. It’s great to see that the Hue app is finally location aware, so the app can automatically turn off your selected lights when you go out and turn on lights when you come home. Smartly, the home action can be set to only trigger after sunset; who wants their lights to turn on at lunchtime? Sadly, the location feature supports only one user at the moment.

You can also set up routines to trigger automatically at certain times during the day, such as creating a gentle wake-up routine that slowly brings up the lights. And, there’s an option to create Apple Watch Widgets, giving you quick access to lighting scenes direct from your wrist.

Philips Hue 3.0 Apple Watch

It’s still a little disappointing that the Hue app doesn’t have any motion scenes, with colours shifting and changing on demand, or reacting to sound by using your smartphone’s microphone. 

Community Manager

@StevenLithium wrote:

Hello everyone,

I saw some solar panels on eBay ...  Has anyone ever tried them? Are they worth it? 

never tried it, but a friend of mine said it is all good )