Welcome to the LightHaus Community!

Ask product questions, share tips and solutions, and participate in a range of discussions to fuel your discoveries!

Join the conversation:
  • Appliances
  • Solar Solutions
  • Home Automation
  • Home Eco Products
  • Resources
  • Partners
Teacher
Accepted Answer

Home Automation work with other technologies?

[ Edited ]

In addition to EcoHaus, I have a few other technologies as part of my HA stack - Nest, Wemo, Alexa, b-hyve, etc.  Does the EcoHaus HA system work with these other technologies or do I need to consolidate onto Haven?

Community Manager

Re: Home Automation work with other technologies?

Hi Art, According to the documentation, the Ecohaus system will handle anything that complies with the GRNCONNECT standards, so if your other devices support this, then they'll work with your Ecohaus system. I did hear that GRNCONNECT is being rev'd to version 2, so I don't know what this means for compatibility. In the past, you had to get a firmware upgrade from Ecohaus to update the standards. If you're on a Gen 2 system, you should be OK since the firmware will update automatically. But if you're on Gen 1 system, you might need to contact Ecohaus Support team.

Good luck!

-- Jsp

Teacher

Thanks Jsp. That's cool, but I'm afraid I might be out of luck since I'm on a Gen 1 and in fact had jailbroken my system and installed some beta code so what to do if I don't support the GRNCONNECT v2 and can't update firmware without a big mess on my hands. Would love some advice there.

*ArtVanDelay*

Teacher

Hello Art,

You jailbroke your system!? Hahah!  Man Very Happy Man Very Happy Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

OK, so I think you'll be ok. I did a firmware update using the Ecohaus automation system, but you need to check with the Support Team to trigger it for your since you're on Gen 1. Everything worked out fine with my system.

Give it a try!

- KS

Community Manager

We'll handle the upgrade now.